Pages

VB: David has the looks, I'm the funny one.

Wenn Pictures
Victoria Beckham was in London today to attend the International Herald Tribune conference (the conference that Karl Lagerfield was at). Donning the tangerine shift dress from her Spring/Summer 2011 collection, Chanel shoes and her own 'everyday' handbag from her new line. 
She spoke to Grazia about designing, her team, and hubby David Beckham:-

Q: How do you approach the design process Victoria?
Victoria Beckham: I really do try on everything myself. Firstly because I’m a woman and I want to know everything fits properly. And secondly because I know from being photographed so much that I want my dresses to fit – from a 360 degree point of view. Other designers or male designers might do everything so it looks nice from the back and the front but I want to get the whole thing perfect.
I do actually know quite a few male designers who assured me that try on their own dresses on too! 

Q: How does the relationship with your management work?
VB: Simon Fuller is a brilliant business partner. The reason that he is so good is that he never interferes. He lets me get on with it!

Q: What would you say is the real soul of the brand?
VB: When I first decided to start making dresses, it was Roland Mouret who helped me. He got together a tight team for me. So tight, in fact they are like my family and I’ve always managed the UK/USA issue by talking to them every single night, in my pyjamas on Skype!

Q: Why did you choose to show in New York rather than London?
VB: I like New York because I felt the industry here had been kind and supportive of me, but I wouldn’t rule out showing in London. Never say never!

Q: So far all your brand extensions have been very successful – jeans, handbags, fragrance and sunglasses. What is next on your list?
VB: I would love to do shoes. The only problem with doing that is that I haven’t found the right team yet.

Q: What about menswear? And what is David’s role in the company?
VB: David’s role is to look good! I’m the funny one of the pair , but looks fade - I keep telling him that. I’m not entirely sure that I want to branch into menswear because, as Suzy and I just agreed, we think men look better with nothing on!

We think she's a lot more pleasant than people say, and she shows she has a sense of humour. Reportedly, she couldn't wait for Karl Lagerfield to arrive so she could show him her Chanel shoes. 

Victoria Beckham Handbags - Grazia Pictures.
Victoria is also unveiling a new handbag line, of which Grazia took a sneak pic for us all to see. They say prices go up to around £8,950! 




No comments:

Post a Comment