Pages

Alber Elbaz: Lanvin for H&M is a Selfless Act - I'm Not Going into the Cool Club!

It is being hailed as the biggest fashion story of the year, but for Alber Elbaz his highly anticipated Lanvin for H&M collaboration is a completely selfless act. "It was an exercise for me to understand what is the relationship betweeen high fashion and fast fashion. Ninety-five percent of women cannot afford (Lanvin), so let them have a taste," says Mr Elbaz. 
"It's like if I was living in a palace and opened some doors and said, 'Have tea with me, taste the food.' It's not about giving away somehing that belonged to someone else, it's about sharing." 
The full collection is already on our site for you to view  here.
"The beauty of our business is that we can do things and then move on," Elbaz tells WWD. " This project with H&M was about being relevant to a moment. I have always said that we are not a cool brand. It's not about being cool or not. We try to be relevant. I'm not going into the cool club. It's not my address."
The collection will hit H&M stores on the 23rd November.


No comments:

Post a Comment